Welcome to Ontario's Big Small Town! By that we mean that Tillsonburg "punches above its weight" when it comes to offering desirable attractions to both visitors and new residents alike.
From the gloriously restored estate home of E.D. Tillson, Tillsonburg's first Mayor, that offers a superb example of the Aesthetic Arts movement beloved by Oscar Wilde to 19th Century railway stations now serving as the home of the local craft guild, to a modern and expansive community centre to local theatre, expanded golf courses, etc, the Greater Tillsonburg Area has something for everyone.
For Cultural enthusiasts, Tillsonburg offers:
- Annandale National Historic Site & Museum
- Station Arts Centre Gallery, Exhibit and hub for all things cultural in Tillsonburg
- Theatre Tillsonburg productions at the Otter Valley Playhouse
- Beautiful and architecturally interesting homes and churches
- Festivals, including Turtlefest, fairs, etc
- Special Event & Trade Show Centre that hosts the Down Home Country Christmas Craft Show and the Spring Artisan show among others
- A flying museum of Harvards and other aircraft at the Tillsonburg Regional Airport
For those sports minded and active lifestyle individuals:
- Tillsonburg Community Centre - Offering twin ice pads, Jr. Olympic indoor pool, squash courts, tennis courts, senior centre, soccer fields
- Lake Lisgar Water Park
- Golfing at the Bridges at Tillsonburg Golf Course, Tillsonview Fairways and at the 7 of the top 100 golf courses in Canada that are within a 1 hour's drive
- Just minutes to several "best new golf courses"
- A full sized community gym available for events and tournaments
- 12 kilometres of trails with 6 new kilometres
- Minutes away from the beaches of Ontario's South Coast; including Long Point Provincial Park, Deer Creek Conservation Area and the Backus Heritage Conservation Centre
- Gardens Galore
For shoppers, Tillsonburg offers unique retail districts that include a downtown that has one of Ontario's only town centre malls plus quaint downtown stores and a Big Box Centre. There are also thriving shopping complexes at the entrances to the town.
For business and commerce, the Town has strong industrial base along with related services.
To find out more, please contact any one of our Tourism agencies or visit our event calendar for a guide to monthly events and happenings.